Wow, what a year!
Hey friends, Monica here. 2022 had a lot of highs and lows for me in leading Berlin Skin. After 6 years of doing this thing (the whole running a business thing), I've come to expect the lows, which softens the blow of disappointments and makes the highs that much sweeter.
We continued to grow this year, despite economic uncertainty. It's all because of you: our customers who buy from us again and again - and then tell your friends about the products. You are the reason that we are able to continue making excellent skincare products. Thank you.
It can be so tempting to always be looking ahead, focused on growth and iteration, but I try to remind myself that it's just as important to practice gratitude and celebrate all the good that has happened so far. Here are some of my favorite things that happened with Berlin Skin in 2022:
- We rebranded! Our packaging got a makeover and it's been extremely well-received.
- We launched our Prickly Pear Face Oil and it's quickly becoming a bestseller.
- We launched our cruelty-free Masking Brush to elevate the experience of masking at home with the Matcha Mask.
- Our Matcha Mask was featured in Vogue.
- Our friends at Airball Studio shot a brand film to share more of my story and life behind Berlin Skin.
- We launched our small batch Lavender Essential Oil, grown right here on my property where we have a micro lavender farm.
- We got to travel (and visit some of our retail stores!) to Austin, San Diego, Phoenix, Portland, and Maui.
I am truly so blessed to be able to do this everyday. Running Berlin Skin brings me immense joy and satisfaction in my work, and I can't thank you enough for trusting us with your skin. It's an honor to create amazing skincare for you, and I can't wait to do more of it in 2023. Cheers to a brand new year and a fresh start!
- Monica Watson