save my skin | part 2
thanks for joining us again! today we're completing the overview of the conversation and workshop we had at shop / good about how to achieve beautiful, youthful looking skin. if you missed part 1, read that here first.
- what ingredients should i look for if my goals are anti-aging?
as we covered in part 1, hydration and sun protection is everything when it comes to keeping your skin looking young and fresh. however, there are some amazing ingredients that can also help tremendously. make sure the ingredients below are in your skin care products!
- nourishing, hydrating ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil, rose hip seed oil, coconut oil, and hyaluronic acid.
- active plants in oil forms including frankincense, lavender, carrot seed, sandalwood and rose.
- anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric, echinacea, and sage.
- what is an ideal anti-aging skincare routine, both am and pm?
below is an ideal skincare routine for both the evening and morning. i get that it takes time, commitment, and habit to stick to a routine like this, but i promise it's totally worth it! you'll see the results years down the road. at the bare minimum, your skincare routine is a time to take care of yourself - both body and mind! take your time in the process to breath and relax!
- remove makeup (pm) with a damp, gentle, clean cleansing cloth. i run hot water, wet my cloth and wring the water out before applying to my face. this allows for the makeup to be thoroughly removed without using a ton of water (which can be drying). P.S. we are getting some custom organic facial cloths made for you guys, they should be available on the website in september!
- apply your cleanser (at the sink, not in the shower) to your skin and massage into face in a circular, upward motion. take your time here, especially if you have a gentle, nourishing cleanser! you may add in a little water if needed, but remove your cleanser with the backside / clean side of your damp cleansing cloth. don't use water to remove your cleanser as it can dry you out.
- tone! spritz your face with a nourishing, hydrating toner to balance and prep the skin for more moisture.
- apply a serum. we don't have a serum in our product lineup (yet) but i love botania's hydrating serum for the pm and i sun's radiance light serum for the am.
- moisturize! this is possibly the most important step you can take in your skincare routine, so never skip your moisturizer! it's also another opportunity to give your face a nice facial massage manually or with a facial tool like a jade roller.
- next, gently dab an eye cream around your eyes and any other super dry spots on your face. our cocoa eye butter is lightweight enough to use both am and pm and will keep the delicate skin around your eyes nourished all day and night.
- in the am, make sure you're using an SPF! i like to have an SPF in my foundation as it's the last step in my routine. well people has an awesome, hydrating foundation with plenty of coverage and SPF 30.
- don't forget about the rest of your body! if you're going to be outside, cover up your arms and other areas that may be exposed to the sun. additionally, make sure your entire body is lightly hydrated to keep from premature wrinkles and dry skin. our black spruce body oil provides the perfect amount of hydration and also delivers amazing therapeutic and soothing benefits for the mind.
and there you have it! remember, although it takes time and energy to commit to a skincare routine, it's totally worth it! if you have any additional questions about general skincare, ingredients, routines, and ingredients, always feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help! skincare and wellness is our passion, and we'd love to talk more with you.
from my heart,